Expunction and Non-Disclosure of a Case


Can I seal or expunge my case?   In typical lawyer form, the answer is; "It depends."


If your case was dismissed or you got a "not guilty" at a trial then your case can be expunged which will wipe it off the records for all purposes. See: Expunction.


If you received a deferred adjudication probation and you served out the probation without it being revoked, then you may qualify for a court ordered "non-disclosure" which could limit disclosure of your case to the public. See: Non-Disclosure.


If you were convicted, did "time served" or had a "straight" probation (not deferred adjudication) then, unfortunately, there is currently no way to expunge, seal or otherwise limit the disclosure of your case under Texas law, no matter how old it is.


Contact Mr. Dietz for an evaluation of your case:  Contact Logan Dietz



Texas Lawyer



© 2008 Dietz Law. Resources for Lawyers  by   


(713) 626-8171

         BOX 360

         Manvel, Texas 77578

Created with the QTH.com SiteBuilder.